Establishing a password when it comes to WIFI service is a very important thing, since like this we are able to protect information running on the network and also the data that is inside every mobile and local device connected. Without it, privacy is vulnerable and also the quality of the network and general speed might be affected greatly.
All of this can be avoided with the use and configuration of a proper password, which can be done by following a few steps. This is the method on how to change WIFI Password in WindStream routers, addressing different models. In every case, firstly we need a computer or laptop connected wired or wirelessly to the router, and then apply the next procedure:
For Black and White Wireless Modem without Windstream Logo Wirelessly
- With the router connected to the computer, open a new tab on the preferred internet browser and enter the IP: “http://192.168.254.254/wlsecurity.html”.
- A new main menu will appear to the left, and we will click on “Setup AP”.
- We go to the field “WPA-WAPI Passphrase” and enter the new password.
- To save the changes we click on “Apply-Save”
The process changes in Black and White Wireless Modems without WindStream Logo when connected wired, with the next steps:
- Type the IP address “192.168.254.254” on an internet browser.
- Enter the word “admin” on both User Name and Password spaces.
- On the top menu, click on “Home Network” and then on “Wireless Settings”.
- Select the option “Wireless Security” and type a new password on the “Use Costume Passphrase” Section.
- Finish the process clicking in “Save”.
For [email protected] 1704N router models
- On an internet browser, type the IP: “192.168.254.254”.
- When a prompt window appears asking to complete User and Password credentials, in both space write “admin”.
- On the left menu, click on the “Wireless” option and then on “Basic”.
- Now, select the option “Security”.
- Select the option “WPA2-PSK” and then write the new password in “WPA-WAPI Passphrase”.
- Click on “Apply-Save” to end the process.
For Sagem 2705, 4320, 1704N and similar models
- Type the IP address “192.168.254.254” using the internet browser of choice.
- For credentials, type “admin” on both User Name and Password sections. For the 2705 router model, look for the credentials in manual and physically on the device.
- On the menu on the left, select “Wireless” and then “Security”.
- Check the option “WPA2-PSK” in the “Network Authentication” segment.
- Write a new password in the “Pre-Shared Key” field.
- End the process by clicking in “Apply-Save”.
For ActionTec T3200 router model
- Using the preferred browser, such as Chrome, Mozilla, Edge or another, type the IP “192.168.254.254” on the address bar.
- For the credential User Name type “admin”, while the Password is written directly on the back of the device.
- On the top, click on “Wireless Setup”.
- Choose the band your WIFI will be working on: “2.4GHz or 5 GHz”.
- Choose “WPA2” as type of encryption for the password.
- Click on “Custom Key-Passphrase” and enter the new password.
- Save all changes clicking on “Apply”.
In some cases, credentials are changed and then forgotten by the users, so accessing the routers get harder. To avoid issues in case credentials are not accepted, reset the device by pressing the “Reset” button with a pointed object for a few second, leaving it by default.