WIFI is an essential technology these days, allowing us to connect our devices to the internet wirelessly, which are not a few but a lot of them that include smartphones, tablets, computers, laptops, smart watches and other wearables and even appliances.
With plenty of devices connected, it is very important to protect our WIFI networks from intruders, so the quality of the connection stay the same and personal information do not get out, meaning in privacy problems.
In the next section we will be showing you how to change WIFI password for Midco services, as direct provider of internet solutions via modems and routers by many brands.
- 1 Different procedures to change WIFI password directly from Midco and using routers from different brands
Different procedures to change WIFI password directly from Midco and using routers from different brands
The process is very similar in comparison to one device and the other changing in little things, and there are procedures that require internet connection since WIFI password and SSID names are managed by Midco directly through their panels and apps:
Changing WIFI password using My Account Panel
- Open a tab or window on the internet browser of preference and go to the website “www.midco.com/myaccount”.
- At this point, the Midco platform will require access credentials, such as User Name and Password that are provided by the company. In case of not having them, click in the option “Forget Username/Password?” or in “Register”, in case this is the first time accessing.
- On the main menu that should appear, look for the option “Manage”.
- Search for the model of modem the company provided you, and then accordingly apply changes in “WIFI” and “Security”.
Changing WIFI password using the Midco WIFI app
- Download the Midco WIFI app to your Android or iOS device, from the Google Play or App Market.
- Launch the app and tap on the option “My WIFI” on the main menu.
- Select your network that must be recognized from the list according to the SSID.
- In “Network Name” you can change it by just typing a new one.
- In “Network Password” you can enter the new key-phrase and changes will be applied automatically.
For Cisco DPC3825, DPC3828 and similar models
- Connect the router physically or wirelessly to the computer.
- Open an internet browser and type the IP address “192.168.0.1”.
- In this case, credentials as User Name and Password can be left in blank, so click directly on “Login”.
- In the “Quick Setup Page” section, select the WIFI frequency between “2.4 GHz” and “5.0 GHz”.
- Enter a new password for the network in the “Pre-Shared Key” section.
- To save the procedure, click on “Save Settings”.
For Hitron CGN-RES and CODA4582 Router Models
- Enter the IP “192.168.0.1” on a new internet browser, in the address bar section.
- When the router asks for User Name and Password, enter the words “cusadmin” y “password” respectively. Click on “Login”.
- On the main menu on the left, select the option “Wireless” and then “Basic Settings”.
- Search for the option “WPS and Security”, click it and add a new password.
- Finish the process by clicking on “Apply”.
For Hitron CGNM224, CGN3RES, CGNMRES and similar router models
- On the address bar on the internet browser of choice, enter the IP address: “192.168.0.1”.
- For User Name enter the word “cusadmin” and for Password enter “password” and click on “Login”.
- Search for the option “Wireless” and then “Basic Settings” on the main menu.
- Look for the field “Pass Phrase” and click it to enter the new password.
- Click on “Save Changes” and the procedure will be done.
For Technicolor CGM4231 model
- Using Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Edge or any other internet browser, enter the IP “192.168.0.1” to access the router.
- For User Name and Password, enter the word “cusadmin” in the first one and “password” on the second one. Click on “Login” to enter the configuration.
- On the main menu on the left side, click on “Wireless” and then on “Security” to generate a sub-section. Write a new password in the “Passphrase” field.
- Finish the process click in “Save” and you are good to go.
Any of the routers can be reset to default settings by pressing the “Reset” switch placed at the back of the device, for at least 10 seconds straight. The router will reset and prior processes showing will work properly to set new WIFI passwords.