WIFI passwords are very important tools nowadays, being the way in which we can protect our personal WIFI network from intruders at our homes, offices or any other places. Not only that, with a proper WIFI password configured, we will be able to protect personal information and access to mobile devices connected to the network, which is critical for privacy.
We are going to be showing you how to change WIFI passwords on PLDT routers, in many different models to offer reliability and security in general, following a few simple steps.
Applying new WIFI password on different PLDT router models
Steps are similar for many PLDT router models we will be addressing, all we need is a computer, laptop or even smartphone connected to the router, physically or via WIFI.
For Home DSL Model
- Using your favorite internet browser, on the address bar enter the IP address “192.168.1.1” or “192.168.1254”.
- When the router asks for credentials, in User Name write “adminpldt” and for Password write “1234567890”. Other credentials that might work are “admin” for User Name and “1234” for the password.
- Click on “Log in”.
- In the main menu click on “Settings”.
- Now, select the option “Wireless LAN” and then “Security”.
- In the “Pre-Shared Key” section, enter a new password.
- Click on “Apply Changes” and then “Save” a few seconds later to finish the process.
For Home Fibr/Fiber Models
- Type the IP address “192.168.1.1” on the address bar on an internet browser.
- For credentials, in User Name space type “adminpldt” and in Password enter the numbers “1234567890”.
- Click on the “Log in” option.
- On the top menu, first click on “Network” and then on “Advanced”.
- In the SSID Name section, change the password where it says “Passphrase”.
- Select the option “Apply” and the process is done.
For Home Prepaid Smart LTE model
- For Home Prepaid Smart LTE models, open a new browser tab and enter the URL “https://pldthomewifisettings.net”. Entering the default IP of the router “192.168.1.1” would work just fine.
- Login credentials are in the router´s manual and written on the device.
- Once you have entered, select the option “Settings” and then “WIFI Settings” on the menu on the left.
- In the “Network Name (SSID)” section, enter a new access key in the “Password” space.
- Click on “Apply” and changes will be applied.
For Home Fibr Huawei HG8145V model
- On a new browser window type the IP “192.168.1.1” to access the device.
- At the prompt window, enter credentials “adminpldt” and “1234567890” for User Name and Password, respectively.
- On the left, click on “WLAN” and the on “2.4G Basic Network Settings”.
- Select the option “Enable WLAN”.
- In the “WPA Pre-Shared Key” enter a new password.
- Click on “Apply” to save changes.
For My DSL ProLink H5004N-PRS1241B models
- Access the router by entering the IP “192.168.1.1” on a browser window or tab.
- For User Name enter “adminpldt” and for Password enter “1234567890”. Click on “OK”.
- On the menu on the left, select the options “Wireless” and then “Security”, respectively.
- In “Pre-Shared Key” introduce a new password.
- Click on “Apply Changes” and done.
For Home Ultera Model
- In this case, to access the router enter the IP “192.168.22.1” on the internet browser of choice.
- For User Name and Password, type the word “homebro” on both of them.
- Select “Log in” to enter the router.
- On the left side, click on “Wireless” and then on “Security”.
- In the Pre-Shared Key section type a new a strong password.
- Select “Modify” to apply changes.