Accessing the Verizon Fios router and login in on it will allow the user to manage every parameter on the device, and therefore offer a more secure connectivity and networking through wired and wireless connection.
From changing the WIFI password to manage guest networks and setting new access credentials, gateways and work modes, all of these and more can be done by login in on the Verizon Fios router, with the use of an intuitive interface that is compatible with every updated internet browser and making compatible with mobile devices.
In the next sections we will be addressing the process of accessing the Verizon Fios router, then change such credentials to add new customized ones and also the procedure of adding a new WIFI password for best network protection.
Resources and connection to access the Verizon Fios Router Properly
To carry out the procedure to access the router, we will be needing some recourses to follow every step that are quite easy. First and foremost, we need the Verizon Fios router up and running to be able to enter it and modify its parameters.
With the router on and functioning, the other important resource we will be needing is a compatible device capable of running an internet browser. So, a computer or laptop and also a smartphone or tablet will do the job just fine.
Now, if we are using a local computer as a PC or server, it is recommended to connect the device and router by wire, using the LAN ports on the back of them since this type of interface is more stable, although more permanent.
On the other hand, for those using a smartphone, tablet or laptop the most advisable and only connection to do is wirelessly, easier to carry out and not requiring any sort of cable. The thing is, in order to access the router the computer, smartphone or tablet must be connected to it, wired or wirelessly.
Entering the Verizon Fios Router through Gateway and IP
Having connected the router and the device to access properly via wire or wirelessly, now we can begin to follow some simple steps on the screen and enjoy the plenty of options and categories to configure on the WIFI emitter and customize the experience, as easy as following the next procedure:
- On the device to access, open a new window or tab using the preferred internet browser, being recommended that is up-to-date for best results and avoid issues. Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Opera are perfect to do the process.
- Locate the Address Bar usually placed on the top of the screen and enter the next URL address: “192.168.1.1”, which is the Verizon Fios router´s default IP or gateway to enter the settings. The address: “www.myfiosgateway.com” will work just fine as well.
- Press Enter on the keyboard and the router should ask for access credentials through a prompt window, such as “User Name” and “Password”.
- For User Name, enter the default credential “admin”, while for the Password it must be entered the one shown on the bottom of the device.
- Click or tab on “OK” and the wireless router should grant access with no problems.
In case of having issues accessing the router, probably default credentials were changed in the past and therefore it is impossible to enter. In this case, returning the router to default settings is the step to do, by pushing the “Reset” button in the back of the emitter for 10 seconds. It will reboot automatically and default credentials should work.
How to change the login credentials on the Verizon Fios Router
It is not recommended to leave the Verizon Fios router or any other with the default access credentials, since anyone connected by wire or wirelessly would be able to enter by simply searching the default user name and password. Therefore, it is important to change these settings by following the next steps:
- On the router´s homepage, locate the main menu above and tap or click on the option “Advanced”.
- On the generated sub-menu select the option “Users”, and then click on “Admin”.
- Above will appear the options respecting the User Settings menu, with plenty of possibilities.
- In the General section of the menu, enter a new passphrase in the Router Admin Password space.
- Change the user name as well, by entering a new one on the Router Admin User Name space.
- After both credentials are introduced and changed, click on “Save” and the router should be ready to go with the new credentials.
Setting a password for the WIFI network emitted by the Verizon Fios Router
Now that we know how to access the Verizon Fios wireless router and the process to change its credentials, other procedure that is worth knowing is how to modify the WIFI password for better security and avoid access of intruders. The steps to follow are:
- Access the wireless router using the method explained prior, and then look for the “Wireless Settings” to click on the top menu.
- To the left in the sub-menu, click or tap on “Basic Security Settings”.
- Go to section 3: “WIFI Security” and then select the option “WPA2”.
- In Passphrase, enter a new password that will protect the wireless network. Make sure it is at least 13 characters.
- Click on “OK” and the changed will be saved. Reboot the router and mobile devices must update the password to access the wireless network.