Features of the Ubee DDW36C Router and How to Set WIFI on it
Thanks to WIFI is possible to connect many portable and local devices at once, without the hazel of connecting multiple cables and move things around to get the ports nearby, as something that is not to worry about with wireless networks that at present time offer almost the same reliability and speed of the wired connection, especially desired for streaming, video playback and more.
However, wireless connections may involve some risks that are important to know about, in terms of vulnerability, personal data access and intruders that may enter the network and stole bandwidth and therefore reducing the performance of the connection in general.
To avoid all of this and more, establishing a WIFI password on the emitting device is the way to go that will protect the network from intruders and unauthorized access to personal information, as sensitive data that is present almost for sure on mobile devices like smartphones.
Let’s follow the process to protect the wireless network on the Ubee DDW36C modem router, which is compatible with many ISP companies on the United States and other countries. Before that, explaining the features and possibilities of this device is important to know the reach of the connection, security features and general functions.
Characteristics of the Ubee DDW36C Modem Router
The Ubee DDW36C is a multifunction gateway that is capable of providing comprehensive internet connectivity for offices, businesses and houses with multiple devices, via wired and wireless networks and with state-of-the-art reliability, security functions and possibilities that are quite valuable for any scenario, all in just one device for best convenience.
This modem and router manufactured by Ambit is the perfect companion in the US for Time Warner customers, allowing to enjoy top download and upload bandwidth in their service plans, with dual-band built-in on the device to provide WIFI and wired connections for mobile and local computers and handhelds that require highest speed and performance.
The Ubee DDW36C is a powerful gateway that is capable of:
- Connecting multiple devices through 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual bands for best performance, speed and connectivity, up to 700 Mbps with WIFI 802.11b/g/n/ac protocol compatibility.
- Offering the possibility to connect up to 4 devices via wired LAN, thanks to RJ45 ports that provide great reliability for Full-HD content and gameplay transmission, along with streaming and other heavy-duty related task respecting connection. 10/100/1000 speed available.
- WPS button for easy paring with other devices, along with QOS and other security and performance protocols for best convenience and safety. WAP2-PSK support for the best WIFI encryption.
- Perfect design and functionality for houses, small offices and businesses with great wireless coverage and features, all of them in one device and without any complex configuration.
Entering the Ubee DDW36C to configure settings and WIFI
To start modifying the parameters and settings on the Ubee DDW36C modem router and protect the wireless network properly, we should first enter the device´s configuration and then start the process.
Fortunately this is easy enough and it only requires a few steps or requisites to count on before starting the setting procedure, such as:
- To enter the Ubee DDW36C, the first requirement is to have the emitter connected to a computer or laptop, or in case of not counting with any of them a smart phone will work just fine.
- If you have a computer or laptop, the best way is to connect the modem to it via LAN port on the back, which are the ones with the yellow accent. For those that will carry out the process on a wireless devices as a phone or tablet, connect the device to the wireless signal emitted by the Ubee DDW36C.
- Now that the emitter is connected to a proper device via wire or wirelessly, they can communicate each other and will be possible to enter the router. To do so, open a browser tab on the internet browser of choice.
- On the URL bar enter the IP address “192.168.0.1”. In some cases and series model, the IP address could be “192.168.100.1” as gateway to access the modem. Press Enter on the keyboard.
- At this point, the device is going to ask for access credentials for username and password. The username is “admin” by default, while for the “password” space is written on a little router´s label.
- Click on “Login”.
Protecting the wireless network on the Ubee DDW36C
Connecting the modem physically or via WIFI to a computer and by entering the credentials, at this point we should be on the Ubee´s home page, with a main menu in form of tabs that are put on the top. We will be clicking on the one called “Wireless”.
A new sub-menu will appear on the left with options that are shown on the right. For the purpose of changing the WIFI passphrase and other parameters, follow the next steps:
- In the sub-menu on the left click on the option “Primary Network”. A new set of functions and option will appear on the right panel.
- On the right, you can change the name of the network or SSID on the router by modifying the “Network Name” and even choose if broadcasting the network or not for best security, by checking up the “Broadcast SSID” option.
- Down below, choose the encryption type that will be protecting the WIFI passphrase. The recommended is to select anytime “WPA2-PSK”.
- Scroll down a bit and the “Password (Pre-Shared Key) should appear, and in this space we can enter the new passphrase that will have to introduced at the moment of accessing. It is recommended to be long enough and mixing numbers and letter, lowercase and capitals for best protection.
- Click on “Apply” and changes should be saved after a reboot from the wireless emitter.
After this process, the network will have proper customized name and password for the best protection and security against intruders, since in other case they would be able to steal bandwidth and even worse, have access to sensitive and personal information stored on mobile devices connected to the network.